Friday, September 09, 2005

Now That's Experience!

What do you do with a man who runs a horse association so far into the ground that he's forced to resign?

Well, apparently you make him director of FEMA.

I'm hopeful that after the disaster that was hurricane Katrina, Congress has the foresight to legally require disaster management experience before receiving a high-level appointment in FEMA. While I'm really happy that Michael Brown had the good luck to be friends with President Bush, I'm saddened by the fact that the friendship actually cost people their lives.

We are a nation of almost three hundred million individuals. We deserve better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. One of the few newscasts I was able to watch was when Brown was interviewed and asked about the people at the Convention Center. He response was that the government had just found out about them. His job is to know things like that, so this to me was an obvious failure on his behalf. He was at least wise enough to step down before getting booted.