Thursday, September 15, 2005

Waiting for a phone call

So I'm sitting here, waiting for a phone call that will tell me where I live next year. It could be anywhere. New York? Maybe. San Francisco? Perhaps. Toledo, Ohio? Who knows. ;-)

It is, in all honesty, a bit unnerving. But at the same time, I get the sense that it's a wonderful opportunity to learn something about peace and patience. There is nothing I can do at this point to change my fate. The phone call will or will not come on its own terms. My choice is whether I will fill my time productively or if I will fill the hours with nervous energy. My hope is that I have the good virtue to wait with patience, filled with the peace of knowing that things like this always work for the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So m.g., what happened? Were's the next assignment... not that I'm nervous or anything.